Meet The Staff: 20 Questions with Krystin Blauch
Krystin is the Communications & Events Director at the Chamber. She plans all the major Chamber events and handles all the day of details. She also sends out all of the communications that you get from the Chamber in addition to the Blog and any social media sites. She will be with the Chamber 6 years in July and always has a smiling face at our events! She currently lives in Harrisburg with her husband, Derek of 8 years; 4-year-old son Emery; 1.5-year-old son Owen and their spunky Corgi dog Kipper.
- Where is your hometown?
- What is your greatest fear?
Something bad happening to my family members.
- Before working at the West Shore Chamber of Commerce, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I worked in my Dad’s Foundry from the time I was 13 drilling, grinding and counting aluminum castings, making sand molds and deliveries to our customers.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would love to learn how to dance, I am a terrible dancer and love watching So You Think You Can Dance and living vicariously through them.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
I’m very passionate about supporting research for a cure for Parkinson’s Disease so I would donate a big part of that to the Parkinson’s Foundation and the Michael J. Fox Foundation. Having lost my mother to the disease 5 years ago I would love to be able to help in any way I can to find a cure. Then next, I would pay off all of my families homes.
- What’s your favorite line from a book?
“Don’t be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don’t have to live forever, you just have to live.” – Tuck Everlasting, Natalie Babbitt
- Best vacation you’ve ever been on?
My honeymoon to Ireland, we drove around the south part of the island from Dublin to Shannon.
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
Working on reading a book that I have started and re-started 5 times I’m sure. With two kids, ages 1.5 & 4, it’s hard to finish one.
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
Indoor – Reading, Outdoor – Hiking/Walks with the Family
- What household chore do you absolutely hate doing?
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
Ellen DeGeneres, she has such a good soul and is so giving and wonderful to people who deserve it. I would love to hang out with her for a day.
- Are you messy or organized?
Organized, most people know that I love to clean and organize everything around me. I would say I’m slightly OCD, haha.
- Ten years ago, where did you think you would be now?
Honestly, didn’t think I would be living in Central PA. Being born and raised in NYC I thought I would head home and find a job there. Apparently, life had other plans!
- If you were stuck on an island what three things would you bring with you?
Unlimited Sunscreen, My 3 Guys, and a good book.
- What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
It sounds silly but probably a professional organizer, I love getting spaces in order and helping people clean out their houses.
- Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you…
I was born and raised in Queens, NYC and moved out here for college. I have slowly lost my accent the longer I live here but if you listen closely sometimes you can hear it in certain words.
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What would be your dream vacation?
My husband and I have talked about taking a trip for our 10 year anniversary to Iceland, I would love to travel around and see the Northern Lights.
- What is one thing you can’t resist?
Ice Cream. Love it! There is always room for Ice Cream, my Grams always said it fills in the nooks and crannies.
- What is your favorite thing about working at the West Shore Chamber?
I love the freedom it has given me to try different things. I have been the Membership Director, Communications Director and now also work on the events so it has been fun to be able to dabble in each part. I do think that my position now is well suited to me, I love being able to be creative!