To connect, elevate and inspire our community
The West Shore Chamber is a dynamic business organization that advances member success, influences issues, and exemplifies strong business performance.
Friendly – We provide engaging, productive networking opportunities, designed to send business your way.
Principled – Our members make informed decisions based on our proactive committee leadership and member-focused, member-elected board.
Connected – We’re all in this together.
Professional – We provide educational opportunities for personal development and business growth.
HISTORY OF THE CHAMBER
In 1948, 33 men came together to form a group they called the West Shore Businessmen’s Association with the main goal of advocating for a 50-bed hospital on the West Shore of Cumberland County. The organization started out in an office on 3rd & Hummel in Lemoyne until it eventually moved to its current location in Camp Hill in 1983.
The Chamber has been a leading advocate for the West Shore community for over 70 years and has a long history of championing initiatives that are a part of making the Central Pennsylvania community thrive. From opposing making the Market and Walnut Street bridges one-way, to keeping the Navy Depot in Hampden Township, to the groundbreaking and completion of the 581-traffic connector, the West Shore Chamber of Commerce has worked tirelessly to serve the community, advance economic growth, and build a better Central PA Region.