Pre-Admission Testing NurseUrology of Central PA
|The UCPA Ambulatory Surgery Center is Hiring a Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) RN and other RN positions in this state of the art facility.
The Registered Nurse in the Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) area provides care to patients undergoing ambulatory surgery by assisting with patient preparation. The PAT Nurse get patients properly prepared for their surgical procedure by checking their various vital signs and recording them.
• Performs nursing assessment for all patients, age 18 to geriatric, on admission to UCPA Surgery Center and reassesses thereafter as the patient’s status indicates.
• Identifies nursing care, nursing diagnoses and patient/family needs based on assessment data to ensure patient status preoperatively is appropriate to outpatient surgery procedure(s).
• Communicates patient status to surgeon.
• Provides a safe environment for the patient, family, and caregiver.
• Administers medications and monitors for effectiveness, reactions, etc.
• Assesses for pain with vital signs, reassess per procedure.
• Documents assessments and interventions using age appropriate tools.
• Performs patient scoring on admit, observing monitors and reports changes and institutes appropriate treatments.
• Provides patient, family/caregiver teaching regarding the surgical process
• Facilitates referrals to hospital services or community agencies when identifies need.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrates good communication skills.
• Demonstrates the ability to provide nursing care to age 18 to geriatric.
• Knowledge and skills to provide care in all phases of the preoperative preparation of the patient for the operating room or procedure room such as nursing assessment and, preoperative orders completed, required documentation done, surgical and anesthesia consents present, ensure anesthesia evaluation completed if appropriate and that patient ready for the operating room or procedure room.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English language to effectively communicate with predominately English-speaking population.
• Ability to work under tension.
• Ability to relate and communicate effectively with surgeons, patients and coworkers as a team member.
• Ability to adapt to a work schedule with early starts and late procedure case end times.
• Ability to adapt and be flexible with changes in job/duties.
• Ability to optimize use of resources and use time effectively.
• Must be organized and a self-starter.
• Maintain respect, integrity and sense of humor.
• Knowledge and experience with management software systems preferred
• Must possess a thorough understanding of business machine operation including computers, fax machines, printers, scanners, and telephone to adequately retrieve patient data, complete online educational offerings and manage surgical schedules for patient arrival times to the Surgery Center.
• Ability to follow the Standards of Performance guidelines established by UCPA Surgery Center.
• Follow HIPAA, OSHA, Security, Compliance, and Fraud guidelines.
Experience and Education: