Are you a current Patient Services Representative, Medical Secretary, Customer Service Representative, Scheduler, or Medical Assistant with a minimum of two years experience in an ambulatory care office or outpatient care facility? If you’re a leader in your current role looking to advance, have a knowledge base of insurance verification, and have a penchant for providing excellent customer service in fast-paced environments, apply today for a Patient Services Representative II position at UPMC!
This position will work one of the following shifts on a Monday through Friday basis: 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., or 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Coordination of Personnel and Functions: Coordinates front office staff in performance of daily functions. Attends billing/insurance meetings when appropriate. Attends training on financial and scheduling systems. Provides training to new staff, and acts as a lead resource. Conducts periodic update meetings with front office staff. Verifies bank deposits and ledger sheet for cash payments. Maintains office supplies inventory. Monitors and corrects or delegates correction of error reports, open encounter reports and any other reports assigned by manager. Provides manager with regular updates on status of report resolution. Trouble shoots process breakdowns. Attends customer relations training, when appropriate. Works with the manager to facilitate all of the above.
- Telephone Responsibilities: Answers the telephone promptly, with a clear focus on customer service. Greets caller pleasantly-identify the department as well as self. Returns phone calls to patients as directed by providers-documents in patient record. Takes message from the patient for the providers. Transfers calls regarding medical concerns to appropriate clinical personnel. Ensures that all messages are given to the providers in a timely fashion. Accurately schedules / cancels / adjusts / reschedules appointments, with attention to all scheduling criteria and physician availability.
- Customer Service: Confirms patient appointments. Directs the patient appropriately. Works with patient to resolve problems. If unable to resolve the problem, directs the patient to the Manager. Respects the privacy and confidentiality of patient information. Observes and facilitates patient throughput and notifies appropriate chain of command. Properly explains payment policy. Collect co-payments & payment for services. Complete bank deposit slip and ledger sheet for cash payments.
- High School graduate or equivalent. Medical Secretary, Customer Service Representative, Scheduler, or Medical Assistant with a minimum of two years experience in an ambulatory care office or outpatient care facility.
- Proficiency in use of computer, keyboarding, etc. with medical terminology knowledge required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are extremely important.
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills and be able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR), and registration/scheduling process and systems.
- Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare and private insurances plans.
- Knowledge of insurance verification systems.
- Previous team leader or supervisory experience
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Clearances must be dated within 90 days
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us?