Manufacturing Operator 3 (PL) -2nd ShiftAmes Companies - Camp Hill
MANUFACTURING OPERATOR 3 – PLASTICS
2nd Shift Monday- Friday 3pm to 11pm
WHY JOIN THE AMES COMPANIES
Our employees are our greatest assets, that is why we provide excellent comprehensive benefits!
♦Medical ♦Dental ♦Vision ♦ 401(k) ♦Life Insurance ♦Disability (STD/LTD) ♦Caregiving Support ♦Critical Illness ♦Hospital and Accident Coverage ♦Employee Assistance Program ♦Telehealth ♦Wellness ♦Paid Holidays ♦Vacation Days ♦Employee Stock Option Plan ♦Tuition Reimbursement ♦ Identity Theft Protection ♦ Pet Insurance ♦ Health Case Management, and much more.
Check out our video: Your Career at AMES
WHO WE ARE
Check out our video: WE are AMES
WHO YOU ARE
As a Manufacturing Operator 3 in the Plastics Department, you will perform all jobs which require a higher level of dexterity, physical ability, and coordination to keep up with our fast paced production lines. This position may also support training of other Plastics Department employees. Operators will monitor, tend and or operate various pieces of high speed and manually operated equipment in support of our injection molding process and finished goods assembly.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
AMES – Camp Hill, PA facility. Our 500,000 ft2 facility is in close proximity to Harrisburg with easy access to Interstate Highways 81 and 83.
(We manufacture shovels, snow shovels, rakes, garden pots are more at this facility)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Run/assemble all products, including understanding material and machine requirements, while meeting required production and quality rates
- Coordinate break relief schedule
- Perform all functions of the Hose Reel Cell assembly, break relief, pad printing and spider operations
- Assist with routine set-ups involving product change over in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate the understanding of the machine requirements (standards) to be able to produce at productivity rates consistently to the standards within the department worked
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Address rework as required
- Demonstrate the understanding of all required paperwork to include but not limited to, the Bill of Materials (BOM), Hour x Hour sheet, basic tool prints, communication boards, standard work documents, quality visuals
- Perform operator fundamentals including: simple problem solving including ability to clear routine machine jams, identify and fix routine/repetitive problems, notify appropriate support person if unable to resolve problem themselves
- Perform visual and simple mechanical quality inspection of products being produced
- Demonstrate the understanding of Mattec functions and data input
- Regularly perform primarily pre-scheduled job duties at a normal pace; occasionally perform primarily pre-scheduled job duties at a rapid pace
- Follow the required standard work and achieve the published standard work goals
- Participate in continuous improvement through cost savings suggestions, CI Events, or other related activity
- Work and communicate in a professional manner with all business associates
- Must comply with all safety policies and procedures; including, but not limited to wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Follow all AMES’ Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as assigned (including, but not limited to, training of others within job class, housekeeping, reporting labor & production, continuous improvement activities, etc.)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 – 3 Years of work experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- PC skills preferred with internet experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude/ability with working knowledge of stamping presses, press controls, dies and tooling, feeders, straighteners and other equipment pertaining to auto blanking
- Lock-Out/Tag-Out Certification
- Press Training Certification
- Hazardous Waste Disposal Certification
- Pass and maintain current industrial lift truck certification and operate all equipment assigned to the department.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand on concrete floor with/without floor mats; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms (which may include above and/or below shoulders). The employee is regularly required to use left and/or right hand for simple grasping, fine work, pushing/pulling. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus as well as ability to distinguish changes in shade of color.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may need the ability to lift and carry up to 20 to 30 lbs. On a rare occasion, may be required to lift up to 50 lbs assisted.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is regularly exposed to pounding and impacting. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Wearing PPE is required.
The Ames Companies will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The AMES Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.