Geologist / Environmental SpecialistPOWER Engineers, Inc.
Do Good, Have Fun, and Build Success. That is our purpose statement at POWER Engineers, Inc. If that matches your purpose and you have the skills and experience described below, we should talk.
POWER Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Geologist /Environmental Specialist who wants to advance to managing projects. This position is based in our Mechanicsburg, PA office supporting work sites primarily in Pennsylvania and Maryland. Therefore, we offer a hybrid workstyle, a combination of in-office and remote work.
You will be part of our Site Assessment and Corrective Action team, helping our clients evaluate sites before purchase, investigate environmental contamination at existing properties, and successfully clean up impacted sites so they are not a hazard to people or the environment. Our Pennsylvania office specializes in Brownfield projects, where we characterize and address longstanding environmental risk, in addition to a wide variety of due diligence and compliance work. You will manage project tasks, with the goal of quickly managing projects for our clients.
You will be part of a team that helps our clients achieve and maintain compliance with environmental regulations. This position requires outdoor work and overnight travel within the Mid-Atlantic which could be more than 25%.
Required Education and Experience:
- Degree in Geology, Environmental Science, or a related field
- Two (2) to eight (8) years of professional experience in environmental consulting or compliance
- Experience with environmental due diligence, including Phase I and Phase II ESAs
- Experience conducting site characterizations, UST closures, and other investigations, including evaluation of soil, groundwater, and air quality
- Experience reviewing and interpreting environmental analytical data and preparing reports
- On-track to acquiring or already maintaining a professional certification (such as Professional Geologist) is a plus
- Experience managing project scopes, schedules, and budgets
- Experience with waste profiling, waste management, and environmental remediation projects.
- Current OSHA 10-hour and/or HAZWOPER 40-hour Certification, or able to obtain certification.
At POWER Engineers, you can have a rewarding career on every level. Our philosophy is simple: Do Good. Have Fun. Build Success.
You’ll work on fun and challenging projects and initiatives. You’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on society and the environment. And you’ll find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career.
Since we’re employee-owned, we get to make POWER a great place to work. That includes providing competitive compensation, professional development, and a full benefits package:
- Maternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Paid Sick Leave
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Telehealth Benefit covers all providers
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- New Dads and Moms Benefit program
- Fertility Benefits
- Gender affirming care
POWER is a fun engineering firm. That might seem contradictory to some, but it works for us!