Our team is growing and we have a variety of opportunities available for ED Registration Representative. If you’re passionate about patient care while working in a fast-paced environment and are looking for a career that offers great benefits and plenty of room for growth, we invite you to explore this opportunity today!
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Has daily contact with patients, family, and other hospital employees. Must be able to handle stressful situations courteously, tactfully, and calmly. Must maintain client confidentiality.
- Attends SED.
- Attends department in-services and meetings as required.
- Participates in continuing education activities.
- Notifies police about patients being treated for injuries sustained through a motor vehicle accident, an animal bite, or injuries sustained that are of a suspicious nature.
- Provides private physicians and clinics photocopies of ED records and routes to appropriate destinations.
- Forwards medical records and forms and makes reports to appropriate offices and agencies.
- Collects cash payment from patients (HMO co-pays, deposit is required for products and services).
- Performs cashiering accurately within required time period.
- Provides directions to the public to other areas within the hospital.
- Communicates effectively with patients, physicians, and all levels of hospital personnel.
- Provides internal and external telephone communications efficiently and courteously for the Emergency Department.
- Reviews charts’ contents for completion and takes the measures necessary to assure the completeness of the record.
- Completes charts for Medical Records and for departmental data analysis and reports.
- Obtains signatures for Authorization to Treat and Assignment of Medical Benefits.
- Attaches copies of insurance cards, EVS printouts, or other insurance information to the billing copy of the registration form.
- Reviews and verifies information already in the system.
- Protects each person’s legal and moral right to unbreached confidentiality.
- Is responsible for reviewing the Communication Log daily for updates and pertinent information.
- Requests medical records that have not been received prior to the patient’s arrival.
- Maintains the Emergency Department Logbook and the Daily Admissions Book and routes copies to appropriate departments.
- Collects and records all Emergency Department and Outpatient registration data and obtains appropriate consents.
- Performs registration processes and prepares charts for patient services.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate clerical ability, typing or PC experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Prior clerical or secretarial experience of one year in health care setting preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Clearances must be dated within 90 days
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranTotal Rewards
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us?