Development DirectorBig Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region
Position Summary: This position supports the work of Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region, a leading nonprofit committed to creating one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. The Development Director will manage all aspects of the agency’s development operations including donor acquisition & stewardship, annual & major individual giving programs, solicitation campaigns, corporate & foundation partnerships and fundraising events. Works in collaboration with CEO to develop team goals, strategies and innovative fund development plans.
Principal Administrative Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a plan for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual, foundation, and corporate potential donors
- Data management and donor relations, including policies and procedures, gift entry and acknowledgements, donor data, and prospect research
- Oversee the development, coordination and execution of all fundraising events throughout the agency’s service territory
- Assist CEO to set and achieve multi-year and annual agency revenue goals
- Prepare and submit monthly & annual service statistical reports and data reports for CEO & Board of Directors
- Develop new revenue potential with consideration for philanthropic culture/trends, agency endowment, planned gifts and long-term sustainability and growth
- Complete, track and report on donor visits, contacts and asks per month
- Monitor success of solicitations and recommend revised strategies, new fundraising ideas and cultivation opportunities as necessary
- Develop and execute innovative sponsor, donor and volunteer recognition opportunities
- Create & lead Fund Development & Fundraising Committees
- Always represent BBBSCR in a professional manner, providing courteous service to both internal and external constituents
Principal Supervisory Responsibilities
- Effectively perform all supervisory functions of development team holding staff accountable to work efficiently and effectively to achieve individual and team goals
- Provide leadership to the development team by creating performance metrics, timelines and strategic goals
- Oversight of marketing & communications to safeguard fund development communication strategies
- Oversee all marketing and public relations to ensure brand consistency, media strategy & social media plan
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a focus in nonprofit management, philanthropy, sales, or related field. 3+ years of fundraising and supervisory experience required.
- A change catalyst, dedicated to bringing innovation to progress agency philanthropic culture
- Motivated and eager to achieve or exceed expectations
- Continually seeks to improve and develop professionally
- Self-motivator and mission centered leader
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region has been the area’s leader in establishing and supporting “one-to-one” mentoring relationships — or friendships — since 1981. The agency serves between 700 and 1,000 children annually throughout Dauphin, Cumberland, Lebanon, Lancaster & Perry Counties.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter & resume by January 15th to Amy Rote at email@example.com.