COMMUNITY IMPACT MANAGER – INCOMEUnited Way of the Capital Region
Department: Community Impact
Reports To: VP of Community Impact
Exempt Status: Non -Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-Time. Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include: early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To achieve long lasting, meaningful community impact in Income (Financial Stability) in the Capital Region through the development of relationships, building of partnerships and the engagement of volunteers.
Workforce Development Community Initiative
- Staff and support initiatives relevant to workforce development for community impact.
- Serve as staff lead for Workforce Development Core Solution Partners.
- Create and maintain relationships with area employers, non-profit service providers, South Central PA Works, and other subject matter experts.
- Monitor and document quarterly performance metrics and provide reports to Core Solution Partners, Community Impact Committee and Board of Directors.
- Assist in establishing shared measurement practices and strategies for Workforce Development initiatives.
- Coordinate the development and distribution of marketing materials.
- Research, identify, acquire appropriate grant funding, and meet reporting requirements for grants awarded.
- Research best practices relevant to improving Workforce Development initiatives and share findings with Core Solution Partners.
- Attend meetings with service partners and convene Core Solution Partners on a regular basis but no less than quarterly. Develop agendas in collaboration with chair of the Core Solution Partners Group.
- Keep abreast of local job market for possible partnerships with new employers and possible new employment opportunities.
- Attend community meetings as a representative of United Way’s workforce development initiative and engage new partners for program growth.
- Keep VP of Community Impact informed of anticipated issues or shortfalls that may influence the success of the program and the achievement of goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in nonprofit environment or in leading volunteers preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to work with diverse populations.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver license and reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
$41,000 – $46,000 annual
Travel is minimal and would primarily be local during the business day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to the mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.