CNC Operator, 2nd & 3rd Shifts Available!Ames Companies - Camp Hill
2ND Shift, Monday – Friday, 3pm – 11pm
3rd Shift, Sunday – Thursday, 11pm – 7am
WHY JOIN THE AMES COMPANIES
Our employees are our greatest assets, that is why we provide excellent comprehensive benefits!
♦Medical ♦Dental ♦Vision ♦ 401(k) ♦Life Insurance ♦Disability (STD/LTD) ♦Caregiving Support ♦Critical Illness ♦Hospital and Accident Coverage ♦Employee Assistance Program ♦Telehealth ♦Wellness ♦Paid Holidays ♦Vacation Days ♦Employee Stock Option Plan ♦Tuition Reimbursement ♦ Identity Theft Protection ♦ Pet Insurance ♦ Health Case Management, and much more.
*AMES partnership with Pennsylvania College of Technology also offers qualified candidates the opportunity to participate in a company paid, three-year CNC Programmer Apprenticeship Program!
Check out our video: Your Career at AMES
WHO WE ARE
Check out our video: WE are AMES
WHO YOU ARE
As a CNC Operator, you will be responsible for set up and operate CNC (computer numerical controlled) equipment under minimal supervision to manufacture die, mold and assembly tooling.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
AMES – Camp Hill, PA facility. Our 500,000 ft2 facility is in close proximity to Harrisburg with easy access to Interstate Highways 81 and 83.
(We manufacture shovels, snow shovels, rakes, garden pots are more at this facility)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Read and understand blueprints and sketches
- Properly and safely load and unload raw materials into CNC equipment
- Use gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements
- Understand, interpret and edit FANUC G-code programming
- Recognize, deploy and properly use inserts, fixtures and tooling
- Understand and have the ability to perform tool wear offsets
- Perform daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on CNC machinery
- Follow all safety policies & procedures, including but not limited to, wearing all required personal protective equipment Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Set-up and operate standard machine shop tools
- Complete work orders as assigned and on time
- High school diploma required
- Effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with and support internal support groups
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure. Must possess strong basic shop math skills with ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Strong PC skills including the Microsoft Office Suite; primarily Excel and Word
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Software and internet experience
Other Skills and Abilities
- Two years related experience and /or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Knowledge of Haas CNC controllers, Fanuc controllers and G-Code preferred
- Heat treat knowledge or experience a plus
- Hard surface machining knowledge or experience a plus
- Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information
- Lock-Out/Tag-Out Certification
CNC Equipment Utilized for Machining
- HAAS VF3, VF4, VF5 Milling Machine
- Makino PS95 Milling Machine
- Makino V22 Milling Machine
- Doosan VM1260 Milling Machine
- Hyundai WIA L280 Lathe
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand on concrete floor with/without floor mats; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms (which may include above and/or below shoulders). The employee is regularly required to use left and/or right hand for simple grasping, fine work, pushing/pulling. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus as well as ability to distinguish changes in shade of color.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may need the ability to lift and carry up to 20 to 30 lbs. On a rare occasion, may be required to lift up to 50 lbs assisted.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is regularly exposed to pounding and impacting. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Wearing PPE may be required.
The Ames Companies will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The AMES Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.