Administrative AssistantCommunity CARES
Community CARES Homeless Services (CARES) is a non-profit organization providing homeless services for individuals and families in Cumberland County. Our mission is to serve and strengthen the community by providing emergency shelter, resources, and supportive services to individuals and families at risk of or experiencing homelessness.
The Administrative Assistant takes primary responsibility for managing the administrative functions of CARES’s day-to-day work. Because this position balances various responsibilities, a high degree of flexibility, a professional attitude, initiative, and attention to detail are required. The ideal candidate will understand a non-profit environment, computer literacy, and a commitment to service.
General Office Duties
- One of the main responsibilities is to keep the office organized and running efficiently.
- Oversees office supplies – ordering them as needed – keeping track of inventory and interviewing new vendors.
- Office equipment such as a printer, video projectors used for presentations, phone systems, and copiers fall under the administrative assistant’s purview.
- The administrative assistant is the backbone of the nonprofit organization; as the gatekeepers, they know all that goes on in the organization.
- Handles the day-to-day communications for the director staff in the organization. Operates as the organization’s gatekeeper.
- Answers calls, takes messages, schedules meetings, and writes letters or prepares draft press releases.
- Opens and sorts mail and delivers it to the appropriate personnel.
- Organizes and schedules meetings and appointments and keeps the Executive Director’s calendar.
- Completes HR hiring packages and forms for processing new staff to ensure smooth transitions.
- Coordinates Executive Director’s and Development Director’s activities; meetings, chamber events, dinners, special events, etc.
- Ensures all vehicles have up-to-date compliance information, mileage charts, maintenance, drivers are approved, etc. in accordance with policies in coordination with the facilities coordinator.
- Maintains records, filing, of correspondence, MOUs, and vendor information.
- Oversight of mail systems in all facilities, distribution, and follow-up aftercare mail.
Maintain Records Systems
- Assist in preparing donation deposits and entering information into the database. Produce and send an acknowledgment.
- Develop, implement, and manage tools/systems for records management, both hard and electronic.
- Organizes office operations and procedures and ensures they are up-to-date and accessible to all staff.
- Organize and keep up-to-date compliance and training for all staff including but not limited to background checks and other compliance requirements.
- Makes bank deposits and completes monthly bank reconciliation under the supervision of the executive director.
- Assist with preparing payroll and generating checks for vendor supplies.
Other Position Requirements:
- This position requires Strictness in the Confidentiality of all donors, clients, volunteers, and employee data.
HOURS OF WORK: 35-40 hours a week
Community CARES Homeless Services does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.